I have put on a few extra pounds, i am constipated, extreme lower back pain with nausea does anyone know what my problem could be?

Well, if you are a female these could be Premenstrual syndrome symptoms or pregnancy symptoms. But again the constipation itself can cause you this. The relation between constipation and weight gain is still a much debated topic, but, there are some theories that suggest a direct link between both conditions. In case of people with constipation, their bodies find it difficult to eliminate waste or accumulated fecal matter. This affects the metabolism, which becomes slow, resulting in weight gain. Lower back pain, that you feel may be related to the constipation that you're experiencing. The fact is, even minor cases of constipation can involve back pain. Try drinking senna tea. Senna is not only sold as a natural herb or tea but is also an ingredient in many over-the-counter laxatives. Senna stimulates the colon and can cause a fairly rapid bowel movement to occur. I hope this helps.