In June 2009, I was hospitalized for 5 days with SEVERE right sided abdominal pain. My gastroenterologist and surgeon thought I probably had a colon infection. As the infection progressed, the pain moved from the right side, to the top of my stomach and then down to the left side of my abdomen. After my discharge, my gastroenterologist ran some other tests (including a colonoscopy) to make sure the infection was gone and I was that told everything looked fine. In March 2010, I began having severe chest pains and was once again admitted to the hospital; however, I was surprised to find out that I was having a gall bladder attack. After running tests, they discovered that my gall bladder was inflamed and I had several gall stones as well so my gall bladder was removed. At that time, my surgeon said that the colon infection I had in 2009 could very well have been caused by my gall bladder.  I thought that was confusing, but didn't say anything. After all, he is the medical professional. 

After my colon infection, my gastroenterologist suggested that I try Danactive Yogurt drinks to help regulate my digestive track and this worked for a couple of months; however, it didn't last long.  Since my gall bladder was removed, I have been living in a nightmare. My doctor did give me eating instructions to follow after having my gall bladder removed where I have to eat a low fat or fat free diet. I try to stick to that diet; however, I never know what food is going to make me nauseous or cause pain. Sometimes I can eat something as simple as a cracker and be fine; however, the next time I eat that very same type of cracker, I will have terrible stomach pains. I alternate between constipation and diarrhea. There are times when just the thought of food makes me vomit. At other times, I will eat, feel fine for about an hour or so and then get sick and vomit. Some days, the thought of food makes me ill and then there are days when I eat but never seem to be full. My weight is a constant roller coaster. One month, I may lose 10 pounds and then the next month I gain it all plus some. For the nausea, I have tried ginger pills, prescription medication and eating a very bland, boring diet, but nothing works for long or at all. 

I have had several tests to include 3 colonoscopies, a barium swallow, endoscopy, ultrasound and all kinds of blood work. Everything comes back normal. My doctors have theorized numerous diagnoses including IBS, Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis. I am 40 years old, had a complete hysterectomy and an appendectomy; therefore, my doctors have ruled those issues out. To make matters worse, yesterday I began having the same right sided pain that started this whole thing off. Has anyone experienced anything like this? If so, do you have any suggestions? Is there a test out there that the doctors have missed? Is there something over-the-counter that I can try? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

I to have been having attacks in my stomach area, left side up high spasms, and pain in center of belly and down low left side.  Have had multiple Cat Scans Xrays endoscopys and colonoscopies with biopsys nothing is showing up in the tests,  I have had acute attacks which lay me out on the floor, and have hard time breathing and have had low Vit D and low phosphorous and still having problems for more than 6 months, lost over 80 pounds, so far no one has pinpointed what is causing these attacks.  I am very frustrated and think I will never recover now...   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have constipation problems every day, have to take laxatives daily etc..  Also recently having trouble walking pain in leg calf muscles and problems trying to sleep etc.

I read your problem, I went through the same fought it out - advise you to please see Dr.Raghavendra or Dr.Lakshmi at Global Hospital - They are really very Good. God Bless You.

You may look into the possibility of hyperparathyroidism. It can cause a myriad of problems and then some.
Hope that helps.

I am 19 and have been having the same problem the so I went to a lady specialist to get test done cause they can do ultrasound and blood work they me I had an infection and was causing my pain and gave me antibiotics and in still having the same pain if not worst now

Adhesions this sounds like u problem

Hi sorry to hear about this sounds dreadfully have u asked about adhesions I have them they are horrible and very hard to diagnose and symptoms sound same as u hope this can help

You may to need to have your liver checked. Bloodwork will come back normal ranges sometimes but only a biopsy of the Liver will tell if there is something going on with the Liver. I hope you feel better.

I went through all of those sames tests a well as Upper and lower GI with small bowel follow through, CT Scan, MRI etc. They told me that I have a hiatal hernia and to deal with the pain. This was of course after having my gall bladder removed. Changing doctors got me to the CT Scan and MRI before discovering that I still had a gall stone stuck in the cystic duct. This was found about 5 years after the removal of my gall bladder. Demand that they check into this. I eventually passed mine, but surgery is an option to remove it.

my husband has the same thing going on about the same surgerys and lots of blood work and found nothing they even up set him up with a syco. dr. and that made him mad cause they said it could be in his head that is crazy can't find what is wrong so they said it was in his head hope you the best and i'll be praying for you too .

oh my god i have the same story as you my stomach , more on the right side of has been killing me for years , horrible pain and nausia , i cant even move when it kicks in which is about 6 times a week ! i was told acid reflex , i was told food poisoning , i was told gallbladder which they removed! My stomach pain is worse than ever i cannot even keep a job cause im constantly sick holding my stomach and crying and nobody will help me!