Due to blood pressure i dident risk exercising this question is ment for me (havent lifted in a month) and my friend (who wants to join me in working out) who hasent in 6 months , how many lbs should he start out with i have two dumbbells weighing at - 10 pounds each and 6 lbs addons adding to 16 lbs and a single addon 25 lbs dumbbell , what should he start out with 6-10-16 -25 ? (friend is 6'1 240ish lbs 18 year older then me)

Just start out with 10 pounds. That's all you should do. And if the exercise is easy then you can add more weight but for the first time through exercising after such a period of time, just take it easy for your first time at the gym. How is your weight lifting going?

thanks! , its pretty good i use 6 lbs on each hand while doing sit ups holding them to my shoulders while doing approx- 30-50 reps and my upper arms and stomach area get sore for a little and as soon as the soreness stops i continue :-) thanks for the weight info