Well, I have finally started to lift. The big question I have now is how many reps should I be doing per set? I have read anywhere from 15-25. Does it depend on the distance I am training for? How many reps are you doing?

I never do more than 15 reps and if I'm in a max strength phase, will do as low as 6. Alsmost every lift I do is for 3 sets. I only go down to two sets when I'm running out of time.

Upper Body I do 10 reps

Lower, heavier weights, 3-5.

Most of my upper body lifts incorporate 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps. All depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

I am more concerned about my lower body and enhancing my running. Upper body I will start off with the higher reps to build some strenght and then go to add a little Mass. Once I get abs in place I will need some pecs. The six pack is coming slowly but surely. :D

Like Rob said, it's all depends on what you want to accomplish.
For big, bulky muscles (like Arnold without the drugs) lift a heavier weight 6-8 reps. The weight should be heavy enough that you really can only lift it 6-8 times.
For a more toned, definition look, lift a lighter weight 12-15 reps. Again, the weight should be heavy enough that you can lift it that many times and that the last few are fairly difficult.
As for the 25 reps, what's the point? If you can lift the weight that many times, then bump up the weight and only do 15 reps. You don't need to spend the entire day lifting.