when i weight lift >.< im 16 and have blood pressure sometimes but mostly when i weight lift ... 158 over 92 thats very high ... i want to build arm muscles ... any tips ? how do i gain lifting power and arm muscle and strength so i could lift heaver objects like people , heavy boxes and what not... is there a way to gain all that without weight lifting or another method to weightlift?

If you are looking to put on extra muscle, the best thing to do is to eat a lot of food. That helps you build muscle more than anything else, although to get extra muscles, you do have to have some sort of weight resistance, if not weights then pushups or something like that. I think it'd be best to talk to your doctor since you have higher blood pressure. Does that make sense?

thank you =) i did talk to my doctor he said weightlifting will cause more blood pressure... but ill try push ups and situps, how much weight would you recommend for a 6'1 250 lbs guy ? for arm muscle

Hi there, for now, at your weight, I think it would be for the best that you just try doing pushups and that sort of thing for now. You have to sort of get yourself to the point where you can do roughly 100 pushups in a row before you even need to worry about adding weight! Does taht make sense? Do you have more questions?

thanks ^.^ ill try pushups for now , not sure if i could do 100 lol but around 20 before i feel weak, ill work my way up =) thank you

watchtowerkid wrote:

Absolutely no problem at all. If you feel light-headed or dizzy, stop right away! But I think you're going to be doing just fine. And let me know how it goes! I'd like to hear how it goes for you okay?

yesterday i could only do 20 crappy pushups >.< not all the way but i tried before i felt my arms hurting but my blood pressure felt normal =) thank you!

watchtowerkid wrote:

Don't be so hard on yourself! 20 pushups is a lot to do. If you factor in how much you weigh, that's many more pushups than someone of a smaller size could do. Always bear that in mind, okay? HOw have you been doing?

thank you >.< i found out apperently after sitting at the computer for 3 hours my BP is 158 over 88 but after rideing a bike for 2 hours over 8 miles with friends and returning home very sweaty with a pulse of 130 a min o.o my BP was 131 over 77 =) i guess its my eyes its bp there because of the monitors >.< otherwise im fine thank you very much ^.^

watchtowerkid wrote:

\

Taht's VERY impressive! Exercise is really good for you and I'm glad that you're benefitting from exercise already, so now that you know how quickly it's working for you, keep it up! Now, which would you rather do first: lose weight or gain muscle? My guess is that you might want to lose weight first. You have to concentrate on one or the other so which one would you prefer?

well im loseing weight fast! 5 pounds in 3 days i dont eat after 3 pm now as my diet plan and ride my bike every day for an hour or 8 miles so i would prefer haveing muscles =) thank you so much for the advice!!! your a great person for helping! what would you recommend for lifting strength ^.^ i feel underpowered sometimes >.<

watchtowerkid wrote:

Well, for now, I think you should just concentrate on losing weight. You can always work on weight lifting later. Until you can do 100 pushups, I wouldn't even WORRY about how much you lift for strength yet. To be honest, you just lift what you can, and then push yourself as you continue to lift. Are you looking at weight training?

yeah i keep my diet not to eat after 3 and ride my bike =) so far so good , i cant get past the 20 push up limit >.< its very hard cause my wrists hurt after just 10 and 20 is pushing my limits already

watchtowerkid wrote:

That sounds good. Don't push yourself too hard! DO you think that maybe while you're doing pushups that you could try doing JUST one more? That usually is the way to slowly ramp up.