I'm 5'4" and 149 lbs. I want to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 3 months. My diet is good (no fast food, lots of water, etc.) But just for a guideline, about how many calories should I be getting per day to reach this goal?

Exercise is the main part I need help with. I can't get a gym membership right now, or buy any expensive equipment, so that's not an option. So basically I have running, basketball, biking, jump roping, and other stuff like that available. How much of each of those specific activates should I do to burn a good amount of fat each day?

Yeah, everybody says 45 mins a day, but I mean how many miles running/biking, how many jumps with a jumprope, etc. I want to get a specific number.

And like I said, I can't really afford to buy stuff like adjustable weights now, so what is a good weight of dumbells I can start off with.

Here is a good start to begin calculating your intake

The Katch-McArdle formula calculates BMR based on lean body weight. So you will first need to obtain a ACCURATE body fat measurement

BMR: is the amount of energy expended while at rest in a neutrally temperate environment

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

Then, using the BMR, TDEE is calculated using the activity multiplier:

TDEE: total daily energy expenditure
Activity Multiplier:

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training)

Go w/ a 40/40/20 split on your protein/carbs/fats in the same order

Sample food sources
Protein sources: egg whites, lean red meat, chicken, turkey, fish
carbs: yams, oats, brown rice, pearled barely, ezekiel bread
fats: fish oil, whole eggs, avocado,

Also it would behoove you to locate a pair of weights in order to build some muscle which will translate into burning fat faster. A pair of light dumbbells can do the trick so you can hit every part of your body.

Add in empty stomach low intensity (Heart rate 120-130) cardio first thing in the morning and if you can get a pair of dumbbells for weight training later in the afternoon

Good luck
Reply With Quote