Some background:
In about 6 months of being extremely stressed, eating poorly and not really exercising I managed to pack on 15-20 pounds.
I am a 21 year old female in college taking 21 hours so that isn't surprising

However, since january 11 I have been on a healthy diet and I eat about 1200 calories a day (very careful about it - use my-calorie-counter) and I'm eating foods such as veggies (a lot of carrots), fruits, healthy choice meals, kashi meals, etc. I have also gone to the gym 6 days a week and have yet to break this cycle or cheat.

That is 6 days a week for nearly two months (I'm on my 7th week) and every one of those days I have done between 40minutes to an hour of cardio on the elliptical machines. Starting my 5th week I would do what I just mentioned but also added 3 days a week of weight training and crunches.

Now to get to the problem:
I have lost the weight I have gained (I am 5'10" and went from 158 to 142lbs)...however I have not lost any inches from my abs at all. Literally every part of my clothes fit differently except where they button. I even managed to lose a cup size from my breast. I started to get worried so I began to think back and remembered that I have never had a flat stomach in my life and since I was 11 years old (when I actually became self conscious about it) my stomach has stuck out like I'm 4-6months pregnant regardless of how much i exercise or diet. Also, most of the swelling is in my "pooch" area however the upper swells out as well.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with either my digestive system or maybe my reproductive organs or something.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this or maybe have a good idea what the problem might be?

Because if you drastically lower your calorie intake your body stores fat as it believes you to be starving therefore making weight loss incredible difficult...particularly off stomach

I'm a 44 y/o male and have dieted/exercised from 30% Fat to approx 12%. I am 5'9" and 155lbs. We (men in particular) are genetically programmed to store fat around our mid-riffs. Unless we are exceptionally lean there will always be a noticeable paunch. 12% is pretty lean and I can still grab a handful of belly fat and wobble it about, I need to get to sub 10% fat to lose the flab. Same story goes for you ladies. A lean woman is still around 20 odd % bodyfat - at 142 lbs if you're 20% you're carrying 28lbs+ of fat around. Chances are you're more than 20% if you're anything like typical. To get a flat stomach I believe women have to achieve around 15% bodyfat. So, in all likelyhood there is nothing wrong with you. Having a flat stomach is actually atypical for most people after their teens.

Get your body composition measured, I think you'll be surprised. If you still want a flat stomach then you have a new goal!

Best of luck.

It is possible that you may have PCOS. Do you have other problems like irregular periods or acne or hair loss?