Im 12 years old. About 5'4 and I weigh 170 pounds. My hips are 33 inches around and my stomach/wait is 40. I am a cheerleader, basketball player, dancer, and volleyball player, so yes, I am active and have lots of muscle. However, I have a big belly. Really, the rest of my body is muscle, but my belly is floppy and jiggly and huge! I have to wear size 15 pants because of my stomach but then they are to big on my thighs! My mom refuses to but me clothes because my sizes are to big and I embarrass her. She is a size small shirt and 0 or 2 oants. She weighs 125, pounds. My mom also called me fat when I weigh only 130, now im up to 170 and she doesn't know! I cant go to a gym, so thats not an option. And we eat out all the time, so I need to be bale to diet without my family noticing or theyll judge me. What can I do?

Hi, Lisa!  I think part of the problem is all the eating out your family does.  There is a lot of calories and fat in the foods in restaurants and fast food joints.  I don't know how your mom stays so little if she is eating out.  There are many healthy choices that you can choose at most restaurants.  Look for anything that is not fried.  Choose a baked potato over french fries, but don't load it down with a lot of butter.  You may have a little cheese sprinkled over it and just put a teaspoon of butter on it.  Pick lean or lower-fat meat for your main course.  Stay away from sauces and sweets.  You seem like you are active so you should be able to modify your diet and lose your belly fat.  I hope this helps!

1. First thing you need to understand is that abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Stop fooling yourself into believing that if you just do more sit-ups or crunches that you will somehow get a flat stomach and 6 pack abs.

If you want to lose the belly fat, you have to change your habits. There is no such thing as spot reducing fat, well except for liposuction.

2. Diet, diet, diet. Did you get that? No I don't mean go join weight watchers or try the atkins' diet. It's how, what, and when you eat that will get rid of that fat belly. Fad diets and miracle diet pills won't give you a flat stomach but learning to eat right will.

3.

Junk food. We all eat it, even me, the difference is that people who have flat stomachs know that there is a time in your diet for those indulgences. That means no more late night desserts, no high sugar/high fat snacks, and no more McDonalds. Do you want a fat belly or a nice waist line?

Pick one day a week that you treat yourself with your favorite food and don't go overboard. Find some alternatives that will help keep away those cravings. Try some sugar free pudding or no added sugar apple sauce. If you want to lose belly fat you need to give up the things that keep it there.

4. Eat 5-6 meals a day. Did I say eat more food? No, you need to eat more frequently. No more skipping breakfast, no more going all day without eating, no more starving yourself. All of these things keep your belly fat. The only way you will lose that fat belly is by speeding up your metabolism and burn more calories than you consume.

5.

Start eating healthier. Do you want to have a heart attack at 47? Then treat your body right. Remember the saying we are what we eat. So if you want to be skinny like a carrot...well you get it.

Eat balanced meals with low glycemic carbs (no sugar and starches). Increase how much fiber you eat and healthy fats (omega 3s) in your diet. Your last meal of the day should be light. Eat a leafy salad with a low calorie vinaigrette and some lean meat. Contrary to what you've been told it's OK to eat at night. Problem is most people are starving and over eat. Over eating late at night is why so many people have a problem with belly fat.

6.

Stop drinking sugar water. You ever stop to think about what soda is? It's chemically treated sugar water. Sounds delicious when I put it that way right? Lose the soda. If you can't live without soda then at least switch to the chemically treated water minus the sugar. Again all that sugar just leads to a fat belly.

You especially need to start drinking more water before you eat to help fill you up. Start drinking green tea, its fat burning properties are well known, so drink up.

7. Get that blood flowing. Do you honestly think that watching the biggest loser will some how get rid of that fat belly? Must be some new high tech HDTV osmosis thing. If you really want to know how to lose belly fat then you need to get your butt off the couch and burn some calories. That fat belly won't get lost by itself so go lose it somewhere.

Celebrity

shesaidbeauty is right!
Do you drink sodas? Stop and replace with water! Eat more protein and less carbs. If you have questions, let us know.

Celebrity

shesaidbeauty is right! Do you drink sodas? Avoid them and drink water instead. let us know if you have any questions.

Hello Lisa, I feel the biggest problem regarding your problem with the weight,basically lies with your family eating out most of the time. The food served in the resturants is very high in calories and the medium of cooking that they use are also not upto the mark.I feel you need to restrict eating out and also give up on your fizzy drinks which are nothing but sugar and soda,adding to your belly fat.Belly fat is the most difficult to get rid off and so you would need to do target exercises to get rid of it.Yoga can also be helpful in reducing belly fat,but the best results can be attained only with diet control.