I am 5'9 and I weigh 128 pounds - I am a size 0 or 2. However, my stomach constantly looks like I am 6 months pregnant. There is no fat on my tummy, but it protrudes out. Someone mentioned it could be that I do not eat enough protien. I increased my protien and that did not help. Any ideas? thanks

Hi, I would like to know are you a male or a female? Bloated stomach of yours could potentially mean a lot of things. If you are really concerned about it, I strongly suggest you going to a specialist. You should do a full body examination, run blood and stool samples, endoscopy if needed. You being a slim person doesn't necessarily mean anything. I advise you to see a doctor because it can be something in your food that causes an allergic reaction, or a hernia, also my aunt was diagnosed with a inflamed pendex, so it can mean many things.

I have no idea what could this be as I am not specialized enough for making diagnosis, but I would like to just give you a hint what this could be as a neighbour of mine was diagnosed with hiatal hernia and this the most looks like your problem.
Except the protrusion of your stomach, have you noticed anything strange is going on with you lately?
If you really do have hiatal hernia, you should pay attention to the following symptoms: heartburn, gas, some symptoms after meals and stomach protrusion through the diaphragm.
Hiatal hernia could be caused by obesity, pregnancy, tight clothing, weight lifting, coughing, abdominal injuries etc.
I would really like to be of help for you with this idea, if you ever check it out with your doctor, I would like to know if it was a right hint though.

i have the same problem. im about 5'4 and 103 pounds. even if i dont eat a lot it sticks out and looks like im pregnant. i could suck it in but its really annoying and i dont know why its like that. any ideas?

OMG I'm exactly the same way right now! I'm 5'9 and i weigh 128 lbs and am thin like you and my "bloating" feeling came in the past couple days... i didn't eat very much protein either, (im getting over anorexia) but once i started eating normally, my protruding stomach came out of no where.. it's hard and bloated, i haven't gained weight, and even after using the bathroom it won't go away!! I want to figure out what happened

i have this same problem. i am 105lbs and 5'5" and also a recovering anorexic. even at that underweight bmi people sometimes even ask me if i am pregnant. i have read that protein deficiency is involved. i eat tonsof veggies, which apparently also make you bloated. also, sweeteners can do it. it makes me more at peace to know others have this problem. it is very frustrating!

In the resistance stage of stress your body start to conserve water and salt in order to keep homeostatis. Hemoglobin is a protein and the bloated bellies result from fluid accumulation in tissues. Solute concentration in the blood is less with the plasma protein then with water reabsorption and the loss of protein in the blood which reduce BCOP and the fluid remains in the blood.

So what is the proper balance of foods to reduce bloating if it's a sign of increased blood volume which is what this sounds like? I drink a few cups of black tea per day (a diuretic) and since the second child I pee like crazy anyway. I don't seem to be harboring extra fluids. I live in the desert, eat a good amount of salts so my low blood pressure doesn't drop further, and drink water. I'm also thin and with a protruding stomach. I'm starting to think it's just a matter of body type; there's simply no room for all my intestines and organs within my skinny sack of skin! I have found the protrusion lessens with regular abs exercise and REALLY good posture. And I do suck it in most of the day which also strengthens my lower back. After years of shoving my stomach out due to bad posture, it's going to take lots of days of sucking it in to stand up straight to realign it.

Wow. I have the same problem too! I am 5'7'' and about 100 lbs. I'm not annorexic (despite what everyone else thinks), however I AM very skinny. Even though the rest of my body is a thin a a twig, my stomach is always bloated! It's constantly being puffed out, but the thing is, I do eat a good amount of protien each day. In fact I have protien almost every single meal, and I always have the best quality meat at dinner, so I'm thinking that it can't be that. I drink fluids, usually more often when I work out, but it's not like I'm holding on to any extra water weight. PLEASE, I need an answer to why this is happening. It is drving me crazy why I look like a little girl with a big stomach. :?

Wow. I have the same problem too! I am 5'7'' and about 100 lbs. I'm not annorexic (despite what everyone else thinks), however I AM very skinny. Even though the rest of my body is a thin a a twig, my stomach is always bloated! It's constantly being puffed out, but the thing is, I do eat a good amount of protien each day. In fact I have protien almost every single meal, and I always have the best quality meat at dinner, so I'm thinking that it can't be that. I drink fluids, usually more often when I work out, but it's not like I'm holding on to any extra water weight. PLEASE, I need an answer to why this is happening. It is drving me crazy why I look like a little girl with a big, hard, bloated stomach. :?

Same, I'm 4'11 and 92 lbs, which isnt all that thin but the rest of body doesnt have any extra fat, i read that it can come from lactose, so i went off lactose but so far it hasnt made any difference any ideas?

I am 5'4", 110. Same problem. It's annoying as $h*t. It's better when I do pilates. I also have a history of bad posture that I try to work on.

? I don't get it! I'm the same way! I'm 98 pounds and 5'3! I'm super skinny. and then all of the sudden I have this huge stomach! I always have to suck it in and it gets really uncomfortable. and when I bendover I can't suck in easily so everybody is like "woah, where did that come from?" It hurts, it really hurts because they say stuff like "omg, ewww. why do you have rolls when you bend over and your super skinny when you stand up". It really hurts me! I need ideas! :$

Hi i'm 5'5 and 99lbs and i have the same problem everyday. i want help but i can't get it.

Hey, I have the same problem, i'm 5'7'' and 107lbs.
I have had this problem for YEARS and I could never figure it out, because when I would get sick and not eat for a couple days it would go away! So maybe it's just because we're so skinny and our stomachs get full and they have nowhere to go but out? But I have also had horrible posture for all of my life so that could be contributing to it.