I am a seventeen year old male. Last football season I received a concussion that lasted three months. In that time I was not able to work out, bike or run. In the time I have gained thirty pounds. I am currently 215 pounds and require that I reach down to 190 again. I have a fairly balanced diet with an intake of approximately 1800 calories a day. I also work out for an hour a day five days a week, transitioning from card to weight lifting from day to day. In the last three weeks I have only dropped three pounds. My question is, is there something I'm doing wrong or not at all?

Hello JReeds,

See if you can cut your caloric intake by 500 Calories a day.  That may be difficult to do with all the exercising you're doing.  But, see if you can.  Try drinking protein shakes that are low in calorie but contain a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.  You could have a shake for breakfast and another one for lunch with a small meal.  The Whey shakes are good and they run about 40 cents a serving so there easy on the pocket book as well.  There convenient too because they mix quickly and there really no clean up.  So, if you're pressed for time, these shakes are quick to prepare.  The whey shake will help you build lean muscle while you burn fat.