I seem to have some stubborn stomach fat that won't seem to go away. I am very active and run a lot, and weight lift every other day also. I have a lot of lean muscle on my body, but have some stomach fat covering up my abs. I can sort of see my abs through the fat (at least the upper part of my abs). However from around my belly button and below it changes into a little gut. It looks ridiculous! I am a guy, so it probably isn't that my body is naturally storing fat there, as I would guess it would be too significant there (it looked to be about two or three inches at the bottom of my stomach). Does anyone have any tips on getting rid of this?

I read online on some sites to cut out some simple carbs. While I m sure cutting out more sugar would help, I read on those sites pasta is bad! I thought pasta was one of the best foods a runner can eat. Can anyone clarify here? I want to lose this weight to make me run faster, not just to look better, so I don t want to do anything that will also make me slower, any suggestions on doing this?

I think I should mention how much I exercise. I run a good deal already (usually two distance days a week of 6 or more miles) and try to do one or two workout days a week too. I also try to weight lift every other day. I assume I'm going to be told I need to clean up my diet, and keep it there for a long time. I think I should also mention Any tips on getting rid of it would be great, as well as any criticism on my current workout routine.

That is the most difficult part of the body to get rid of fat from...Pasta (carbs) is good for runners but what carbs do is get stored in your body (as fat) and then converted to energy. You definitely need this to function. Perhaps you can try more simple carbs (fruit) instead of complex. But I think the best way to do it is to hit the ab workouts hard if its bugging you that much. Leg lifts and table tops and all that jazz

i cant say any thing about this matter

Nice suggestions and i ma very impressed with it. Thank you for sharing. Cardio exercises are perfect for fitness and healthy stomach.

I agree with happyfeet on this. Try more simple carbs and not too much of them. Moderation is key to a good diet. As for ab workouts try to do workouts that target the lower abs like: bicycle crunches, leg raises (lying and hanging), mountain climbers and the dreaded v crunch. These will help tighten that area up a lot more than just crunches.

I agree with happyfeet

I am also working a lot doing exercises and walking to burn my belly fat.