I've been getting weird pins and needle pains in the top of my head, it feels like a burning pain at the top back and sides of my head. With this i get tightness down my cheeks and in my throat. I've had to stop reading as it totally comes on. I can't read magazines at all but i can read books if i lay down so i'm pressing on my head so i can't feel the tingles so much. I thought it must be my eyesight but i got an eye test and they're totally fine. Then i wondered if it was a nerves thing, but i don't know why it would be happening like that. Sometimes when i concentrate on something i get it and when i did a lot of tidying up i got it. I have a feeling that my mind tries to take in too much sometimes and then panics. The way i have trouble reading magazines, there's too much too look at and i try to go too fast until the feelings are just too strong to stand. I've got it as i write this now. The tightness in my cheeks, burning pains in the top of my head. What is it if its not my eyesight? If its a nerve thing, why does it come when i've got nothing to be nervous about or just when i read? Or is it caused by something else? and whatever it is, how do i get rid of it? Please help.

rustica,

you don't tell us how long you have been experiencing this or how long it lasts.

I would urge you to go to a doctor for an exam and try to determine the cause.

It may be nothing, but it could also be a symptom of a much more serious condition.

You'll want to know, so make an appointment or go see a medical clinic right away.

I have the same thing and it is called Giant cell arthritis or cranial arthritis. Very rare. It affects blood vessels/arteries carrying blood to the body but mostly the had. Feel it in your temples tightness, pins and needles in head, numbness maybe in face. One eye may seem to be getting bad as the disease cuts off blood flow to eyes causing blindness if not treated and blood flow to head, causing pain in scalp , like needles, head hurts and temples, jaw and neck may hurt. Horrible disease caused me strokes. My eye doctor wanted to do a biopsy artery in my temple to see if large cells , inflammation in it. Also did test of blood sedimentation rate. See rheumotologist ~~ Prednisone/steroid treats it and may control it. Not much else will and I hate the prednisone and still after two years has disease. Get help as you can go blind quickly or have mini strokes like me. Blood being cut off to head is deadly. Very serious disease