Hello! My friend has an eighteen months old son. She came to visit me yesterday and she was desperate since her boy was diagnosed autism. Actually, I noticed there was something wrong with the child but when I spoke to my friend about my suspicions she was upset and didn’t want to talk about it. Is autism curable?

Hello! Unfortunately autism is not curable and it lasts throughout a person's lifetime. Also, the cause of autism is not known. There is no cure, but treatment can help and provide some improvement. Behavior and communication therapies in combination with medicines that control the symptoms are the main parts of the treatment. Talk to our friend and try to find the way to support her in this situation.

Hallo,
Autism is a condition that usually appears in the first three years of infant’s life. This condition affects the brain and it causes issues with development in social and communicational skills. What kind of problems does her son have? You have to understand that there are several treatment methods like applied behavior analysis, then her son can be treated with medication but there are also occupational therapy and physical therapy as well. Speech-language therapy is also very important for children with autism. Also very important thing to know is that treatment is most successful when it is geared toward the child's particular needs. I hope you will find some interesting facts here and that your friend will benefit from this.