I read about Bicycle trainers. What are they? Are they something else than ordinary bikes? Do they mean a coach who teaches you how to ride a bike? I am confused. Could you please explain to me what is that and do I really need it, if it is a thing, not a person?

No, it is not a coach who can teach you how to ride a bike. Bike trainers are a way of indoor training. It can be done all year round. With it, you can use your bikes all year round - winter, summer, spring or fall! It is a way to use your regular bike as a recumbent bike. You put your back wheel into the rack where you fix it by a small rack wheel which provides enough resistance as if your wheel was rolling on the ground. Some top brand name bike trainers can be found at your local store and most of them are available at discount prices.