I want to buy a bike. I am not sure what kind of bike I should get. I have many friends who ride bikes and they all talk differently. Some of them say that I should buy a mountain bike while others prefer road bike. I am confused and don’t know who to listen to. What do you like more: Mountain or Road Bike?

Well, the road bike is related to the bikes used in the big races like the Tour de France. A road bike provides pure pleasure when riding on good surfaces. If you can afford it, you should consider buying something identical to what the pros are using. Road bike has stiff frame, narrow wheel rims and tires, dropped handlebars lower than saddle. Although you may have to give yourself some time to get used to it, it is worth it. No other bike can transfer your leg power to speed so effectively. On the other hand there is a mountain bike. Some of them don’t have any suspension. The others have it at the front while some have full suspension. Sturdy frame and fat tires is what all mountain bikes have in common. You can find some sub-categories of mountain bike. You have to pay attention as some bikes are sold as mountain bikes while they really do not deserve to have that name.