Do you use magnetic trainers? Here’s what I’ve been wondering. I want to start cycling but since I have too much business obligations I don’t have enough time to prepare and go for a ride outdoors. I’ve bought a magnetic trainer and don’t know whether the results achieved are the same as with regular cycling. I’d like to use it when I don’t have time for regular training.

A magnetic trainer has lots of benefits, especially for an amateur cyclist. I think that it can bring about the same results if you train on it instead of a regular bike. I know that avid cyclists will probably strongly oppose my claim, but you can try and see it for yourself. Also the good thing about a magnetic trainer is that you can adjust various aspects and, for example, simulate the particular terrain such as hilly ground. You adjust steepness factor and it’s just like you’re riding a bike across hills. It’s also good to use it when the weather is bad. In your case I can see only benefits from using it, since you wouldn’t have time to go for an ordinary ride and this way you can stay at home and train without losing too much time.