Last week I bought a vaseline for my lips. My lips are pretty much dry, especially when it is cold outside, so I am trying to find the best protection for it. I hate to see when they look so dry and ugly, it is not sexy and beautiful at all. Anyway, I have never used vaseline for my lips in my life. I know a couple of them who did, but all of them have different opinions about it. Some of them are telling me that vaseline is good, while other denied it. I just want to know are there any side effects of using vaseline for your lips?

Hi. There are some possible side -effects according to the ingredients that you can find in the several products. I believe that Vaseline has some side - effects as well, so that is why you need to study about some product when you are about to buy it. Why is this important? Because some ingredients in any product can cause the skin to become more sensitive than usual. Sometimes, it can cause redness or irritation. Advice - if you notice this, take it off and washi it. I vote for one thing, you really should
talk to your doctor or pharmacist about using some other lip balm product.

Hi. There is only one thing that they claim as a potential risk for Vaseline. They did some researches a couple of years ago and it seems that petrolatum’s only listed concern is possible contamination from polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. That is all. So, if this is the only concern, you should not be worried and you should continue using a  vaseline for lips. Also, there is one more thing that you should know, and that is that this actually blocks skin pores from functioning. In that case, you should not apply Vaseline on your lips like 24/7. You will be okay. 

Celebrity

You should nothing take for granted. Not even this thing. I know that it seems harmless and that this is something that you just buy, but there are so many different factors that can indicate what is for you and what is not for you.  When we are talking about side - effects of it, and you should definitely keep in your mind that Vaseline protects the skin but also restricts the pores of the skin from letting out toxins and sweat. People are using it like always. No need to doubt in his powerful effects at all, but with everything you should be careful. With this as well. 

Skin is really complicated especially because it absorbs up to 60 percent of the chemicals in products that it contacts and this chemical move directly into the bloodstream. That is why with the skin you can never be too careful.
I am not using Vaseline. I am scared, to be honest. I have read that the biggest side effect of petroleum jelly is said to be the risk of breast cancer. According to several types of research, there are several substances that contaminate the petroleum jelly and this is why the biggest culprit can be named as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons or the PAHs.
Also, it has 1,3-butadiene and ethylene oxide has connections with the mammary tumors - to cut long story short, breast cancer.
I know that several types of research also told that this is not true, that this is fake, but I would not take that risk.
My opinion.

Look, I think that you are overreacting to this thing, that you can get cancer. No, you can't. At least, I think that chances are really minor. But that is why you always should visit your dermatologist in order to determine what is good for your skin and what is bad. Maybe you are allergic to several ingredients, you don't know that, but your dermatologist does. That is all the science. When it comes to Vaseline, a lot of my friends are using it for years and they are perfectly healthy. I think that I should not add anything else to this subject.   

hi, I think that I don't agree with you, Hannah. there are so many researchers like you have told, what are the indicators that something is not ok with it. I am not saying a thing, just that you should search everything before you buy something. anyway, I am not using it because I have read that it can cause a premature aging. who wants this? petrolatum, that is found in many cosmetics can cause skin irritations and rashes and you know that. it doesn't fit everyone. skin that does not receive sufficient oxygen can result in the death of skin cells and thus premature aging to skin cells.

OK, maybe I am overreacting, maybe I don't have a clue about this, but I am just saying what my friends, who are using this for a long, long time have told me. And some of those friends are really into the cosmetics brands and products I just want to tell that you have to be moderate in everything, even in using some cosmetic products. Sure, if you want to see your dermatologist about some issue, maybe asking him to help you, sure you can do that. but you should not spread the panic like that. Wish you all the best!