I like to ride and have been a happy cyclist for many years. My wife and kids like to ride too. I even managed to hook up a few colleagues so we ride to work together. I had the argument with some of my friends who think of it as “silly waste of time which can be used for some productive work”. Please list Bicycling Benefits so that I can have a good argument against my friends’ remarks.

First of all you have to let your friends have their own opinion. If they think that is silly and waste of time, let them have their delusion. It is very easy to present good arguments for riding a bike. The positive consequences of bicycling and walking as healthy modes of transportation are indisputable. You can start to talk in terms of the health of environment (and consequent health of all living things), as well as the health of individuals who are more physically active. Reduced traffic congestion and improved quality of life are among many benefits of a transportation system that involves cycling and walking. Economically speaking, reduced health care costs relieve a great burden on the national economy. Also, reduced dependency on cars in terms of insurance and maintenance costs help individual budget and leave the resources for “more productive aspects of life”. Apart from these general benefits, you can also add the following: - It strengthens the heart and builds endurance, strengthens and tones lower body, helps manage weight, relieves stress and boosts energy, is not reserved for a specific group of people - anyone can do it.