Hi, folks. My brother has been diagnosed with the lip tumor. He has been consuming alcohol and cigarettes for a long time. The doctor says that this is the probable cause of this tumor. I would like to know what the most effective treatment of this condition is. Can someone tell me? Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. When it comes to cancer treatments, an individual approach is important. It depends whether this cancer is localized only on epithelium and does not invade basal membrane. Experts call this “in situ” cancer. In cases like this, surgery is usually enough. However, if it has invaded basal membrane, more radical surgeries are needed. Sometimes radiation therapy and chemotherapy are also needed. Since I don’t know the staging of your brother’s lip cancer, I cannot tell you what the most effective treatment is for him. You should consult his doctor for more details. Good luck!