Hello everyone

To be honest I became very lazy lately. My routine is to get up around noon, eat something, turn on the tv and watch anything that I can find. Sometimes I don’t even know what I am watching. I watch all kinds of programs: soap operas, films, reality shows, music shows…

That lifestyle started to irritate me. I am aware of the fact that I have become a couch potato.

I have started to jog and run but it is very hard for me. After just 10 minutes I can’t breathe and I feel very bad. Someone told me that I need to start with Couch to 5k program if I want not to feel bad when I am running. I don’t know anything about it.

Could you help me, what is Couch to 5k program?

Hello Julietteee

From what I read this program is perfect for you. This program will help you not to feel bad when you run and most importantly it will help you to love running. The authors of the program say that too many people start with running too strong. Then your body rebels and you feel miserable.

Couch to 5k program is made with the idea to make someone from a couch potato to the person who will run 5Kilometers (around 3 miles) regularly.

These are the 3 rules for the beginners. 1. Always know why you run (important as a motivation, your reason may be “for health”), 2.Compare yourself to nobody (running is a very individual activity) and 3. Keep it fun (always try to enjoy it).

Master22 is right, Couch to 5k program is really made to transformsomeone who doesn’t run (and doesn’t exercise at all) to someone whowill run with ease on a daily basis. I have a little experience withthe program so I will try to give you some extra information about it.

The very important part of this program is so called 5k nutrition.That is the part which is focused on the foods and drinks you consume.In order to get in shape you will have to make some changes in your eatinghabits. It is very simple- just try to reduce foods rich in fats andsugars. Also try to eat more vegetables and fruits. 

Hello everybody The best way to get in shape is by combining good eating habits and physical activity. In my opinion 5k nutrition is the most important part of the Couch to 5k program. I really think that if you change your eating habits from bad to healthy you will experience the changing of your whole body (in a good way of course). Here is a little tip for you: keep a food diary. If you ate a burger on a way home, note it down. This way you will know what do you need to change about your eating habits. And try to substitute some bad foods with some similar healthy foods. For example, instead a chocolate bar or a cake for dessert eat a frozen yogurt or fruit salad.