The reason many people start running is because they want to lose weight fast. Running is an excellent cardiovascular activity because you can burn as much as 300 calories when you run for 30 minutes. A simple formula to calculate how much calories you burn after your running session is to multiply your distance in kilometer with your weight in kilogram with 1.04. For example if you weight 80 kilograms and you run 2 kilometers, then your calories burned are:
80kg x 2km x 1.04 = 166.4 calories burned
So if you wish to burn more calories, then increase your running distance. If your running for weight loss is increased by another kilometer to 3 kilometer then your calories burned would be a whopping 249.6.
However, running alone does not help you lose weight if you do not burn enough calories or more than whatever you consume. So it is of utmost importance that you watch your diet and your calorie intake for the day. By running everyday does not grant you the license to eat whatever you want. Eat all you want and you are no longer running for weight loss. Get a healthy diet. Get a combination of high fat foods and high calorie foods but do not overeat. A small portion per meal is good and eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Before you start running for weight loss, it is best that you take with shoes . This is very important if you are having health problems, overweight or you are a beginner. If you are a beginner it is best that you start off with brisk walking for 30 minutes for the first week. Then if you think that your body is ready, you can start with you running program but start slowly. It is not advisable for you to start fast and far. Start with a running and walk program. You know, run a little then walk.
At any point of time when you are running your body begins to endure pain, it is advisable that you stop running and just walk. If your body is in pain, then listen to your body and stop running. Remember that you are running for weight loss, not running for pain.
To help increase your metabolism when you are running for weight loss, you should drink a lot of water. Drink a glass of warm water before running and drink plenty of water after running and for the rest of the day. Drinking a glass of warm water before running will help your body to burn more calories.
Doing regular running will help you burn more calories and more body fat. You are not going to lose weight just by running for one day. You have to run regularly and persistently. In a week you run for 6 days and 1 day for you to take a break or do some weight lifting. To boost your metabolism and burn your calories even after you stop running, you should do 40 minutes of running. The effect is said to last for a minimum of 19 hours after you have stopped running.

I always forget that is is important to drink lots of water throughout the day as well as during a run as this helps your body metabolise fat more efficiently and also helps flush out the toxins that build up in your muscles when you exercise.

Thanks for the reminder.

................
Goals:
Sub 39min 10K
Sub 50min 2.5km Swim

I started running last August, well, run, jog, walking. I started weight watchers in June and decided that along with my weight loss, I was going to change a lot about my life. It wasn't working the way I was doing things, so a change sure could not hurt. I am not the fastest, and definitely not the slowest, but I finish. I have ran two 5K's (best time 37.07)and a 10K (1.21.12) with my next 10K this weekend. I am doing this in preparation for a half marathon I have signed up for in February in Huntington Beach, CA. I guess this is my list of things I want to accomplish and overcome. Having never liked running, I am really enjoying this new found sport. I am on mailings for training for this marathon and any suggestions are appreciated..

Does the speed that you run increase the amount of calories that you burn? In the original post it was all about the distance that you run but what about the speed? I would think that running faster would increase your heart rate and perhaps burn more calories as a result.

I think that losing weight need a diet. Avoid fried foods and exercise (Run) on a regular basis.

I want to start by saying I'm not sure how much time you have, but last time I hit a wall, I found that breaking up my run into smaller runs throughout the day helped a lot. Instead of one big run at night or in the morning. I did a smaller run in the morning, walked at lunch, and took a good run at night. By breaking up my run I was able to keep my metabolism and heart rate higher during the day.

Just my $0.02 on what worked for me. Hope some of it helps!

Cindy, you are indeed correct that diet is a significant part of losing weight in a healthy way.

In addition, it is very important that you keep a training log. This provides a plan, and ensures that you stay motivated. Plus you can keep track of how you are feeling and monitor your progress.

The last factor is following a running training program. If you have a plan that you are working towards, you will be ahead of the rest of the pack. Plan, execute, and succeed!

Get a complete weight loss strategy at RunPals.

I everyday walking ..and more drink water after that slowly lose weight ...one time my doctor  uncle suggest me take this tips ..after that finally lose my weight