Good evening all! I recently heard about the 'Couch to 5k' running plan and it seems like (after some searching and reading about it) it is effective. But I'm wondering, can I use a treadmill instead of going outdoors to follow this plan? I have access to one already, as my cousin has one, so I thought maybe if I can use it for the Couch to 5k plan then it will save me from going out, as my self-confidence with my body isn't very high these days. That's why I wanted to try this plan. If anyone can tell me if the treadmill is ok for this that would be great :)

Of course you can, even better! I know how stressful and uncomfortable it can be to go out to run, especially if you have a lot of extra weight and all those looks you get from people, in the meaning “What this loser is trying to do”, and also what I can’t stand is my sweaty t-shirt. Ah, it was so embarrassing, real horror! So, yes, feel free to work out wherever is best for you, if it is in house-then go for it! If you eventually feel like you would feel comfortable enough to run outside, you can always go :)

I can’t believe what I just read! I mean, I am trying to understand you, but truly I can’t. So what if you are overweight and run outside? Isn’t that worth admiration? The fact that you actually decided to do something from your body and your life? Don’t you think that maybe those looks you get is they thinking “Good for him and well done”, don’t you think your sweaty t-shirt is nothing else but the proof of your hard working and your great will? You really need to relax and change your perspective, people!And yes, it isn’t important where do you run, indeed, as long as you follow the rules.