Hello! My sister has a daughter who is thirteen. She has always been thin and had problems with eating. I remember my sister used to tell stories just to make her eat something. She used to run all over the house with a plate of soup. Her eating was a torture for her and my sister as well and they usually ended with tears. I noticed she avoids eating with us and when she does she goes to the toilet right away. I think she has eating disorder. What can eating disorder cause?

Hello! I think you should talk to your sister about your concerns. The signs you noticed are the most common signs of eating disorder. The longer an eating disorder persists, the greater is the impairment. This disorder can create serious medical problems or even death. Eating disorder can cause heart muscle changes, amenorrhea, dehydration, kidney stones and kidney failure, muscles atrophy, delayed stomach emptying, bowel irritation and constipation and early osteoporosis.