Hello! I have a friend who suffers from eating disorder. I noticed she has some problems with her health and extremely lost her weight in a short period of time. I didn’t know how to help her since she didn’t want to talk about it. Maybe I should have been more persistent. Maybe I could do something to prevent her disorder when I noticed the first signs? What is your opinion on eating disorder?

Hello! The same questions are asked from family members and close friends of a person who suffers of eating disorder. Usually an eating disorder becomes apparent when a person is already in deep trouble. Don’t blame yourself. People with eating disorder hide their problems and usually don’t want to talk about them. They become close and isolated and usually refuse help offered from friends and family. Eating disorder needs to be treated by a team of specialists and sometimes even they can’t help.