I have noticed my 16 years old daughter has become obsessed with food and calories and she spends so much time all alone in her room I think she is even depressed and the worse thing is that she keeps thinking she is fat though she is so skinny I couldn't tolerate this anymore. That is why I need to know what signs to look for in eating disorders and what is the best approach to talk to her about this eating disorders issue? Thanks!

I would say that basically you have already recognized some major eating disorders sign such as isolation and avoiding having regular meals, food and calories obsession and constant diet where there is no need for that. Also some other signs of eating disorders are depression and anxiety disorder, extremely skinny, condition, insomnia, loss of hair and nails quality and even loss of period –this is the worse sign for it indicates the improved eating disorders stage such as anorexia nervosa which could also require hospitalization. Also frequent use of the toilet is the certain sign of eating disorder for induced vomiting and taking laxatives are very common signs in eating disorders.