Hello! My neighbor has a teenage daughter. She has eating disorder. She was always thin but she became bone and skin few months ago. I think the family noticed her problems too late. She is at the hospital now and I hear she is recovering. I hope she will overcome her problems. How to treat eating disorder in children?

Hello! As you already noticed it’s important to recognize the problem in its early phase. When the problem is recognized it is important to find people who can help. Team of specialist should be involved in the therapy since eating disorders can cause many physical and mental problems. Medical treatments for eating disorders are sometimes needed. Individual therapy, family therapy and group therapy showed very good results. There are also many support groups for the treatment of eating disorders.