Hello! I have a daughter who is eleven. She is very sensitive and I can see she is entering her difficult age. I talk a lot with her but I see that there are things she doesn’t want to talk about such as boys or her body. I don’t insist on such conversation. I told her I am open to all her questions. I think she is maybe to thin for her age. What are symptoms of eating disorder?

Hello! Symptoms of eating disorders in teenage girls can be hard to detect because some warning signs look like normal adolescent behavior. You should pay more attention if you notice some symptoms like: dramatic recent weight loss unrelated to an illness, anxiety around meal times, making frequent excuses not to eat, trips to the bathroom after meals, obsessive rituals such as drinking only out of a certain cup, or eating certain foods, social withdrawal or isolation, dry, lifeless hair and poor skin tone.