Hello! My daughter is thirteen years old and she behaves as most of teenage girls at her age. She spends much time in from of the mirror changing her clothes. She is also experimenting with the make up (which I find very funny) but I see this as normal teenage behavior. But, she eats very little and I am worried about her eating habits. Could you tell me something more about teenagers and eating disorders?

Hello! Since teenage girls are at the greatest risk of developing eating disorders you should be careful and try not to miss any of the signs such as attempting to miss meals, not eating with the family or visiting the toilet after eating. Try to talk with her and see if she shares her feeling about her body with you. Many teenage girls vomit and take laxatives secretly and they express low mood which is sometimes difficult to spot in an uncommunicative teenager. It is essential to have good communication and remain open.