Hello there, I am a man who is 50 years old and I have one question. It would be really nice if you share with me everything about kidney failure. I need to know more about it because I will go to doctor tomorrow because pain in the kidney region. I know that I am probably overreacting but I need to know anyway.

You should know that if at least one kidney is ok, then you will be fine whatever happens. You should go to doctor but simple pain in kidney region doesn't mean that you are experiencing kidney failure. I will tell you some of the symptoms so you can see for yourself. Symptoms are as follows: increase in amount of urine, stops of urination, decreased appetite, metallic taste in mouth, seizures, shaking, nosebleeds and bloody stools.

Hello there,

As zelig has already explained to you the pain in the kidneys doesn’t have to mean that something is very wrong with your kidneys. It could be just a sign of urinary tract infection and maybe you are experiencing back pain (which is one of the symptoms and you think that your kidneys hurt instead).

However it is good that you are seeing your doctor in such a short period so you will definitely know the answer to your questions after he do some tests and analysis. This will confirm what is the cause of your pain and after that you will be prescribed the treatment and of yours this mostly depends on the cause. Good luck with this matter.