FOR YEARS NOW I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH ALWAYS BWING HOT AND A COLD CLAMMY SWEAT EVEN IN WINTER WHEN OTHERS ARE COLD. I KEEP MY WINDOW AND PATIO DOOR OPEN AT LEAST 2 INCHES WVEN WHEN BELOW FRESSING CAUSE SO HAD AND HEAT DOWN TO LOWEST. I HAVE HAD BLOOD WORK DONE, THYROID TEST AND OTHER TEST ALL NOMAL. I DO HAVE COPD AND EMPHYZMA(sp) AND AM DIABETIC, BUT HAD THIS PROBLEM WAY BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ANY MED PROBLEMS.

I am researching the reason why I am always hot. I see you have had that problem too. Have you found any logical reason? I do not have thyroid problem, although am about 20-30 lbs. overweight.

Cathy

I usually the one sweating in the room even when everyone else is comfortable or even cold.

It sucks, but I've learned that it's mostly from my social anxiety.

After trying out a bunch of different anti-perspirants I've found that the old spice red zone works the best for me.

I have this exact problem, I sweat all over my body, and it is usually a cold, clammy sweat. I have had a million tests, and have tried numerous medications (it is quite unbearable), with little success. It certainly interferes with my life, if anyone has any ideas....

Celebrity
My daughter has this problem. She is only 19 an soon she is going for botox under her arms because its so bad. She has tried lots of deodorants an she says they make her smell worse.
Through other problems she has, i think its linked to her hormones.
Has anyone else got hormone problems that they know off.

Men have hormones too :-)

I have been investigating this for some time as i always seem to sweat more than others;

I found out about "hyperhidrosis". It is a medical condition which basically means we sweat more than normal.

It is not really a damaging health problem, more socially damaging condition, but once explained to people, then tend to be more accepting.

It affects 2-3% of people.

Hope this Helps.

i am the same way, in my case i run a constant low grade fever (about0.5 to 1.5 degrees above normal) and i have my blubber to keep me warm (5'9" 270lbs)
the down side is i am particularly sensitive to heat. a pleasant summer day to others is a walk thru the desert to me and a hot day is near fatal torture.

Hello. Finally found something about this. I am a 20 year old male. A small bit overweight, however have had a sweating problem from years ago when I was much healthier. It mainly affects my face, which is really the worst place. :( I could be standing in the line of a shop for example and my face would be covered in sweat. Then once I notice it, I get more uncomfortable and it worsens. It makes things so difficult to find a job, because they always think I'm a nervous wreak. Because its mainly on my face, deodorant can't work. :( Also, I'm generally always warm, I live in Ireland, but judging by the amount I sweat you'd think I was in a desert. It's horrible, I don't know what to do or how to explain it to people. It is really ruining my social life, life altogether too, because it happens at home/when I'm alone too. Is there any medical procedures/treatments to stop this? I'd love to be able to go out with a dry face and enjoy my day, I can't do the at the moment. 

Please help!!!

Regards,

Michael Hempenstall.

This is one for the doctors i think because everyone sweats for many different reasons,I could suggest you might be anxious or you might be a bit over weight,The only way to find out is to see your doctor they can do 24 hour urine tests and blood tests.

So many things that can trigger this off i feel for you could be even a hormone problem.

Good Luck

Try acupuncture!! A friend went recently and has helped him a lot. Definitely worth exploring! Might take several sessions but should be worth it. Good luck.

I have the same exact same problem -- excessive sweating on my face mostly. Becoming nervous about sweating in front of others which makes it that much worse. It has really put a big damper on my social life too. I don't think weight has anything to do with it because at 6'5" 200 lbs I was a sweaty mess too. If you find anything out before I do -- please let me know.

Regards,

Dean

I smoke marijuana... it helps a lot! But i want another way to stop my problem i don't want to depend on weed to help me out all the time..
For example i'm at school and i'll start sweating just like you and if i go high i dont sweat for about 1 and a half

I have the same problem.  As I'm sitting here I'm sweating (in the middle of a cold winter) so please don't tell me it's anxiety or something like that...  Deodorants doesn't work and yes it also sometimes make it worse, I have not yet found anything that helps..
I have also gone for numerous tests, according to the test there is nothing wrong with my thyroid, I'm also a diabetic type2 but also had symptoms since before I was diagnosed with this..  
The one time I can remember was about 3months ago it was so bad that the people thought I had taken a dip in the swimming pool, my hair was completely wet and so was my face and armpits...  
Worst of all is I'm a photographer so I'm always in the public's eye...
Would really love to know what's wrong with me....

I am a 35 yr old female. I started going to college last September and I have noticed that I am hot and sweaty all the time. I'm constantly wiping my face and have to pull my hair up. I don't put the heat on in winter and my husband and I fight about the air conditioner because no one else around me is hot. We joke that I have menopause. I have bipolar, social anxiety, hypothyroidism and diabetes. I'm on 12 medications. Everytime I tell my doctor or pshychiatrist about it it's like they don't hear Me or that it's no big deal. I'm about to start school again and I don't want to feel like everyone's grossed out by me. I am also 5'5" and 240 lbs. I've recently lost 90 lbs.

I just don't know what's going on!

-Jen

For all you face sweaters: I've heard great things about SweatBlock.  Check out the reviews.  I tried it for my underarms, but it didn't work as well as old spice red zone, but considering you probably don't want to rub that on your face...  Just be warned, the first time you put it on (at night) it will stink all night.