Hello I'm 16 years old and have had this condition for 1 year. I dont know how it started but its affecting my life. I can't enjoy life as I use to. Thats how much its having a impact on my life. 

Whenever I get hot from exercise, eat spicy food, angry, nervous, embarrased, its like I'm getting poked by needles everywhere on my body, it happens on my back, chest, arms, hands and sometimes my scalp. The pain lasts for like a couple of minutes. 

I can't take this any longer. Its too painful and its ruining my life. I will start college and I don't want to experience pain as it may potentially affect my study life. I have went to the GP once and all she gave me was Cetirizine (anti histamine) and shampoo. DIDNT EVEN WORK.

Please, anyone, if you know or have had this please tell me I'm begining to lose hope. Thank you for reading :'(

Hi. Yeah i was gona say it could be allergies but then i saw the your doctor gave you anti histamines and that did not work for you. Still, i would not rule out the allergies, maybe you should go and do an allergy test to be sure that the pain is not caused by some allergens or something. I definitely think you should visit your gp again and tell him that those pills and shampoo did not help at all. You will probably need to run some tests but I am sure the doc will find out why do you have such symptoms. Just be patient and you will find a solution soon.

NB: slight warmth or rise in temperature and static will trigger the nerve receptors even if your heart rate increases when you get excited and sunlight is worse. People get confused- when they say I get pins and needles yes pins and needles sensation is starvation of blood circulation BUT in this case its not starvation its a severe reaction of receptors going crazy RECEPTORS are nerve sensory that register TEMP _ VIBRATION _ TOUCH etc. I am still seeking a solution as the only solution is stay in a cool room no clothes other then cotton no objects near you to create any electric field or static etc. Calm at all times do not get excited. When your temperature increases or your receptors triggered by shock or bump via vibration shakes the nerve receptor which goes into a frenzy an tricks your body to think its very cold an increase body temp which inturns allows tiny red burnin goose bumps that are like blunt needles trying to escape from inside you skin. From reading online I have come across the name RADICULOPATHIES AND PLEXOPATHIES WHICH AFFECT MYELINATED AN UNMYELINATED NERVE FIBRES GROUP C WHICH CONTROL TEMP AN PINPRICK SENSATION. . I can say thus far after reading this I decided to have a .MRI EMG, CT scan option but still nobody knows but I think a damage nerve or pinched nerve could cause this malfunction of receptors . Wish all the best as my life sucks having it!

Hi please read my post as I would like to know if anyone had found a solution as yet?

Hi random -16 and dealing with this nasty event is tough. I am an old 52 in comparison and cry like a baby when I get caught with the needle pain . When the temp goes up from movement, changing rooms ,or Sun I get excruciating needle stabbing where I try to perspire. Likewise taking evasive action and cooling myself settles the pain. Doing nothing,staying calm has been the only way to manage. 'NERVEPIN' talks about static event I relate it to sweating or being unable to. I found Anhidrosis as a possible identifier but really like you I am trolling the web looking for a solution. I had this for more than a year about 13yrs ago which just went away, and now for 2 month and miserable. I am sorry but have not found a solution....... how about you.

question.have you been on any of the anti depressants? if so that might be the cause of it.one of the withdrawal symptoms.

Hi,the same thing happens with me every winter,are you left handed?

I have wondered if taking Adderall may be causing this problem. Is anyone on this drug or similar?

I use to take aderall like 2 years ago but this didn't happen to me until I stopped

Hi, not sure if this is too late but this was how it went for me. I had the exact symtoms as you mentioned for almost 2 years. So there was a period of time which was about a month or 2 it suddenly disappeared. These symptoms reoccured to me one day after i ate some wholemeal bread with peanut butter, which i very often ate before it disappeared (during the period of time). Im not a doctor or a specialist, but the symtoms stopped haunting me after i decided to not have any of these food (cereal included). I guess its worth a try if anything else didnt work for you. Best of luck

what i have found very helpful with this is that going into sauna in the winter, where it will hurt for a very short period of time and i start sweating. Once I start wearing the symptom start going away. And also do that consistently though out the week, you just have make sure you sweat through the week. And it will become easier and easier and needle pain will not over anymore.

Hey fam, im 18 and experienced this since I was 16. Try sweating yourself when u get the chance, the pins and needles disappear when you sweat ooor avoid hot areas. literally any hot or warm areas, then try to put some Elica-M on it. I did that and it disappeared.. Now it came back, so I'm trying to find how to permanently stop this.

Hey guy I have the same problem on my back. If I get out the shower or go in my back goes haywire from the change of temperature. I immediately have to put something over my back to stop it from from feeling like I’m being stabbed by thousands of needles. I’ve yet to figure anything out on why. I don’t go to the doctors haven’t since I was a baby so if you guys find out a solution lmk. I’ve been living with this for about as long as I can remember I’m 22 now.

Hi I am 15 and I the same symptoms..... I am left handed

Hello, I have also been suffering from this situation for a few years now and have been experiencing troubles. I believe this is a sign of clogged pores. When you get hot and experience heat, your body wants to sweat and regulate the heat but the sweat finds a hard time getting out because of clogged pores causing the needle pains. A possible solution that I have yet to try is heat cups. Where they place heated cups on your back and other places to open up your pores and clear the way for sweat to come out. This also would explain why constant exercise and sweat will also work to clear the pains. Reason why is because constant sweat will cause the sweat to constantly be pushing against the clogged pores, after repetition eventually it will burst open the clogged pore and allow sweat to come through once again.