ok so for about 5 years or so, i have this outbreak of red bumps on my stomach, legs, and buttock, as well as other places if it spreads more. they seem to grow on the hair follicles and often turn into pimple like things. they always come when it is hot outside and i sweat often and workout. in the winter its not usually there. occasionally they itch or may hurt a little. my mother (a nurse) gave me Nystatin and Triamcinolone and that helped indeffinitely but it comes back. anybody know what it is? is it fungal? and also, could it cause swollen lymph nodes since ive had it so long?

Hi, I think this is just the sensitive skin you have, I believe you are intolerant as the matter of heat, maybe you are excessively sweating and this could trigger the pimples to appear. I remember once I got something like rash, but when I looked more thoroughly I saw there were these little white bumps, there were many of them concentrated in one area, mostly on my legs and groin area, let’s say where my hairs grow the most and where is the most suitable for the sweat to accumulate.
I always get this kind of a rash when the days are too hot, I can’t stand the heat and excessive sweating. I usually don’t apply any creams on my skin as this inflammation goes on its own after a week or so. But I know how annoying this could be, especially when it itches a lot, it can really give you hard times!

You might try lavender oil on a select spot, and see if that works, also look into "The Master Cleanser" I believe fasting to be a cure all.

one way top stop the iching for a while is tea tree oil
you may find the bumps are red from iching or rubbing. ;-)

Molluscum Contagiosum could be possible if the papules have a white core center that is usally hard. The papules is usually found on the lower abdomen genital area and inner thigh. This is treated by pricking or freezing the papules. Or it could be heat rash which could be treated with triamcinolone a corticsteroid.

Hi, I had a similar thing several years ago and was diagnosed with PLE (polymorphic light eruption) which is extreme sensitivity to the light and heat causing a rash. This had never happened before and I got the rash on my legs (probably the shock of being covered all winter and spring and suddenly exposed in the summer). I had it at the start of the summer for 2 years and then never had it again! As this was so long ago I cant remember the cream I was prescribed but it was an anti-inflammatry type cream.

I have this right now.

I just moved to southern China and it is hot and humid all the time. I am sweating more than I ever have and I have this 'rash' all over my upper stomach, back and upper thighs. I"m sure it's nothing serious since I have sensitive skin... I just hope I'm correct because I can't really speak Chinese yet to see a doctor.

Not sure if this is really what we all have, but a doctor diagnosed me with folliculitis the first time it came around. he gave me an antibiotic and i only saw slight results, but the antihystimine i got from him for the itching on the second visit proved more successful. I was curious though a few weeks after they had gone away they are showing up again. I cannot pinpoint the exact cause. I was curios if besides serious heat starting up (that recently happened and also happened the first time), there had been additional stress in each of you all's cases and also if you had started using anything you could be allergic to. I started a new job the first time i got this and this past week i ran into heavy circumstances at work and dealing with situations that are atypical. I also had done laundry (i have been allergic to different soaps in the past) prior to the first time with a same detergent i had been using but they had changed the detergent make up to be 2x meaning use half the dose to get as much cleaning power. I hadn't done laundry since they had started to go away (i have a lot of clothes) and just did laundry again the night before these started appearing again. So, is it heat? stress? or allergy? please post if you had other things besides just heat affecting yours or possibly causing! ALSO besides getting an antihystimine i would advise against hot showers or water tihs will cause spreading. (this is why my doctor diagnosed mine as folliculitis the first time).

i have the same problem if any body has a cure i would be very grateful thank you

When I run or Perform Any sort Of exercise i begin to get red bimps all over my body
like if i was breaking out from an allergic reaction. today i ran about a mile and a half
the sun was setting,after i was done i was covered with red bumbs , im not sure what causes it
maybe sweat i work out in the house too and the same thing happens.
this just started happening about a year ago.
any ideas

is it possble to get folliculitis on ur penile shaft?

I don't think I have sensitive skin. I don't have allergies (except an incredibly mild one to cats, but that's unrelated.) The only factor I can see for mine is extreme sweat.

I moved to Florida this year (originally from New Jersey) and this summer I've had two jobs, both of which involve being outdoors and walking for very long periods of time. The first job I only had for a week, but it required me to wear more business-like clothing, including long, black pants, which I only have two pairs of. Since that Hell of a job also required me to be away from home for up to 12 hours per day, Monday through Saturday, I had almost NO time to do laundry for those two pairs of pants. So here's what would happen: I'd wear one pair the first day; be outside for over 8 hours in the blaring Florida summer sun; sweat like I've NEVER sweat before; come home, shower, then pass out. Normally, my legs were fine for that first day. But if I went to wear one pair of pants again without washing them, those bumps would show up all over my thighs.

Now with my second (much better) job, I'm outside a lot again, but it's nowhere near as ridiculous. The bumps haven't been happening for all this time, until yesterday. Yesterday was a particularly hot day where I sweat very much again. I came indoors to a very strong air conditioner for over an hour for break. Then I went back outside to the heat again. When I came home, I realized the bumps were back, but very mildly.

So I think the link with mine is when the same pair of pants is worn after sweating a lot. Both times, there is a break where I go inside for a period to cool down, before returning outside in the same pants. I learned my lesson to make sure the pants are washed before using them again (even if it means doing laundry every day), but in cases like the one yesterday, I don't really have a choice. I haven't tried any creams or anything, but I'll try some of these suggestions and see what works. I just figured I'd put in my stories and symptoms in case it helps people piece things together.

I happen to be an RMA and I can tell you that what you are experiencing is extremely normal.   Look at this way - when you were a teenager, your body went through a lot of hormonal changes and due to that you were also expelling a LOT more oil from your body.  This "body oil" (mostly protein) clogs your natural pores and causes the characteristic pimples of adolesence.  It's not bad for your skin, it's just not something you want hanging around too long.  Now the problem you mentioned was red bumps caused by working out or excessive heat.  Therefore the logical conclusion is that these bumps are caused by the sweat that accompanies it.  Sweat - particularly that from the groin or armpit area - is very chock full of protein and while protein may be really good for us it smells HORRIBLE when excreted (i.e. BO).  Sweat itself is actually made up mostly of water but it contains minute amounts of several other things - proteins, yes, but also nitrites, glucose, carbohydrates, and everyone's favorites: uric acid and urea!  There's more, but that's beside the point.  Anyways, sweat is in effect an extremely diluted form of pee - gross, yes, but the truth hurts!

To get to the point, what you're doing when you cover your body in sweat is effectively pee on yourself and everything about sweat is garbage.  That's the point actually - sweat is released because it is waste, and you need to wash it away.  You've heard several scary diseases in this post including folliculitis (by def., an inflammation of the hair follicles, which is very rarely due to sweat), but if you ask me and my limited medical knowledge you simply have large pores and possibly sensitive skin on top.  The sweat clogs the pores, causes a weal similar to a pimple (but bigger, I know) and the resulting filth gets trapped inside and can be painful.  There are very few treatments for something like this other than antibiotic creams to wash the gunk away - or, just shower a LOT, like twice a day or more.

Anyways I'm just an RMA and what you really need is a dermatologist.  But if it at least makes you feel better know that you're not infected with some new, crazy disease!  Sweat is just bad for you and it's best to wash it off as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps!

--Allen White, RMA

I have had this same Problems for about 6 years. It's from sweating. I get them from my knees up to my groin. I have found a way to pretty much get rid of them.. It quite gross but it works. I'm a male by the way so this is easy for me.. When your in the shower wet your legs with the hot water then wee on your legs with out the water running on your legs let it sit there for about 20 seconds then wash it off. I know it's gross but it does work. When a friend told me his dr told him to do this I thought he was joking but it really does work they clear up with in 4 days and the pain goes away for good. You do need to do this every day though. Good luck and if you find another cure please let me know!! :)

You need to wash all your clothes and bedding with purex. I have the same problem, visiting with a friend in a cold climate and broke out with bumps. Changed the linen and washed all my clothes with purex and no fabric softener and they're going away,