Think of anything BUT baseball - ha!
I meant staying awake........

When I need to pull a late/all-nighter, working or up with baby, i usually just drink excessive amounts of coffee. However, i'm finding it to work less and less for me, i need something with more zing. Any suggestions?

Play Age of Empires. An intense game of that can keep me wired past midnight.

I'll tell you what NOT to do....in college, before a killer accounting final exam I took 2 Vivarin (caffeine pills), drank 3 diet cokes and 2 cups of coffee, all to study. However once I was cured of the "long blinks" I was so jittery I could hardly pay attention to do anything. Needless to say the results were not pretty, I didn't sleep for close to 48 hours (then slept for 16 when I did) and was all around not well. I could hardly hold my pencil at the exam I was shaking so bad. I did lose 5 lbs in those 2 days though.... SO not worth it :puke:

sleep in the afternoon
and drink coffee around 7 and 11

good to go for me

Think of something stressful and agitating. Basically force myself into insomnia. By the time 4:00am hits, though, it's really hard to stay awake no matter what I try. However, if I can hold out for another hour or so, I'll get a second wind and am usually good for the rest of the day (maybe some catnapping if I can steal a few minutes).

Have you tried hopping around a lot?

Thanks people

Anything with more "zing" is illegal.

Try hanging out here or surfing for porn (oops did I say that)

pretend you have a marathon tomorrow and you surely will stay up all night.

Try working out later at night. When I do get a late work out on, I have trouble falling asleep.

That never works for me. If I go for a swim late at night, I'm out like a light when I hit the bed.
Sometimes playing Quake III right before bed makes it hard to go to sleep though.