I like to sleep and it`s not a problem. My problem is that I have to wake up early (around 8 am – too early for me). But, I have a job and I was late so many times I fear of losing it. And I like my job as much as I like to sleep. What to do? How to wake up early in the morning without feeling tired and dead before I drink my coffee. I usually go to bed around midnight, on weekends at 2-4 am).

Know what you mean. I hate waking up early in the morning, especially when it`s cold and raining. I`m waking up at 7 am and when I see the Sun then it`s not so hard to get up. So, I`ve made some sort of a wake up ritual. The main thing is to fall asleep some 10 min. after going to bed. If you can`t, stay up longer. I never go to bed at the same time, but I make myself wake up every morning at 7 am. My internal clock simply works for me. Just set your internal clock and you will be awake even a few minutes earlier. Get rid of loud noises (alarm clocks) and bright light. If some gentle sounds are not good for you, get a really loud alarm.

I work at night between 7p.m. and 7a.m. . My problem is that there have been times where i don't wake up til minutes before i have to work. I usually hit the bed around 9am. I set my alarm clock 3pm. and yet for some reason sleep right thu it. Plus there are other times when i wake up i feel like i'm so tired. i swear i should go to sleep study at the local hospital. i swear if i could i problably would sleep all day long.

try waking up at 5:30 yeah then talk to me about being tired

Last reply is a jerk.

It doesn't matter what time you have to wake up, You compensate for it, Minimum or eight hours sleep a day, I can't wake up in the mornings...3 alarms on my phone every 10 mins 7,7.10,7.20 then im definately up and ready for 8 then....sorted.

Interesting! I made my own topic on this just the other day, didn't realise people have already posted! For me it felt like a simple issue as the usual responses are, 'go to bed earlier then'. There are bigger issues to fry, I know that, but sometimes the simple issues such as getting up on time, can greatly affect the day, and confidence! hence waking up late, sometimes trying to explain why you are late, thinking up excuses so as not to get into trouble (when you 'think' that people might not understand), can really affect how you feel about yourself.

I am lucky that I am in a job where people understand how I work. I am sometimes late, and 'big' latenesses, do upset me, as I'm still not quite sure how negatively this is viewed in the work place. I find though, when it reaches a point of being pretty late, like 1-2 hours, something inside me says: time to turn it around, I get those alarm clocks set loudly, or something usually works out.

I got upset once on being late, and found my boss offered to take me to buy a new alarm clock, helps sometimes to open up to people, though I tend to get upset as a way of getting out of certain difficult situations which isn't particularly healthy, though: it did prove that some can be quite understanding of your situation. Is it harder when you live on your own? Not always, but I think sometimes it helps to have a strong waker-upper nearby or on reach of telephone.

I'm going to set those alarm clocks tonight :-)

Oh yes! and another thing which might help people. I make my time up if I am late, I stop later in the evening or offer too. If there is somewhere I need to go in particular, on the day I have overslept, I ask if it is ok to make my time up on another day, again I'm lucky due to the type of work I do, and the people I work with, I can sometimes stop later, or come in earlier.

In my experience, I have found that people are more understanding if they can see that you are making an effort.

Best Wishes all.

Maybe we should all make a pact to reallllly, really try for a week or two, to get up at a specific time, everyday, and see how we can achieve this. The more times I feel I'm late for work, the more I don't try as hard as I already think that I might be late!

Hi all! If you didn't see this at the bottom of the page, read this:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/about/health_benefits_of_getting_up_early.html

I wake up at 4:00 , you should talk to me about getting tired. It is not the time that matters it's the idea that you are forced to get out of bed. I love waking up early during the weekend to catch the day from it's starting, I also enjoy watching the sun rise. However, during work nights I find a problem getting my head off the pilow.