What time of day do you LIKE to run??? I didn't say the time run, but like to run? I'm more nocturmal and always have been. I'd rather set out at 10pm than 6am when I run. However, it never feels quite as safe to be outdoors when I do that. Most of my runs start around 7pm or so. Just curious what feels best for you. Last night I started my long run at 10:15 and didn't finish until 11:45. I really felt good then and didn't feel like I was dragging like my early am runs outdoors.

As my training tales will corroborate; early, early, and early. I have run/biked as early as 230 in the morning. I am a morning person so early morning workouts have always worked for me.

I have run in the evening, and I found my performances were less than my morning's effort

I'm an early morning person too. I like to run about 700 am.

love to run early in the morning, always have.
When I am night work, I run in the afternoon, but it is like morning for me, because it is right after I wake up.

I like to run in the afternoons. The only exercise I ever felt I could do well in the early morning, was weight lifting.

Mornings for me too. As early as 4:00a.m. or 8 ish. I do run some times in the afternoon or early evening but like Cappy find I don't perform as well. :wiggle:

im with noley, the later, the better.

ive tried doing the early am thing, but i just cant. it doesnt matter how awake i am, i feel like such a t**d.

during the summer, i like to wait untill after 7 or so, since its supposed to be cooler (); during the winter, i usually go anywhere between 2pm and 5 or 6ish, since im usually in school and use the indoor track.

With 3 sports, it's both before work and after work. I prefer to run before work, but I have to work around the gym's pool PT classes so sometimes I swim in the AM and run in the PM. Long runs on Tuesday evenings though to accommodate my snail-like pace and racing schedule.

Afternoon or late at night. I just love being the only person on the road at 1 am.

Prefer running in the a.m. although on those occasions I run in the afternoon I find I'm usually looser and often have a faster run.

mid-morning. 9-10.

I am usually a schedule mandated A.M. runner, but if I had the choice and no day job, maybe around 10-noon. First thing in the morning I'm stiff and it seems to take a lot longer to work out the kinks/get ANY speed, etc and I don't usually have time or energy after work.

Evening.

Night - best around 7 or 8 pm.

If I run in the morning, my pace is like a whole minute slower and I feel terrrrrrrrrrible.

I only wish they would do some races at night!

yeah SC there are not a lot of night races, I think logisitically it is much more difficult.