Hi. I was hoping that you can help me. I need some answers. I want to know what to do when you can't sleep because of chronic insomnia? I have diagnosed with it a couple of months ago and I really want to do something about this before it goes too far. 

I haven't done so much about this, I need to be honest.

I was just counting sheep. I can't do this anymore because very often I lose the number of all those sheep who are around me.

Joke aside, whatever I did didn't work in my case.

So, please, suggestions - what to do?

When you can't sleep because of this, you need to find a chronic insomnia treatment. Sure, it is not easy, but it is possible and it can happen if you are persistent in your intentions. What can you do?

You can change your daily habits and routines.

Here are just couple of tips that can help you.

- you need to start practice (yoga, meditation or simple running will do the job),

- avoid caffeine and tein as well,

- avoid heavy meals during the day,

- go to your bed every night almost at the same time,

- change your sleeping hygiene.

Those are just a couple of tips that can help.

Good luck and keep on!

Celebrity

I was reading a lot about this because someone close to me had this problem. So, I really wanted to find as many facts as I can about this. I found one that is really interesting, so I believe that it might help you.

You should try to keep a regular bed time and wake time seven days a week. You are probably wondering why? Well, the experts will tell you that this is important for those with chronic insomnia because if you go to bed later and sleep in and on weekends, you will " lose the compass". Your body will not be able to understand when to go to the bed and how to act.  

That means the following thing - if you are tired, go to bed. If you are not tired - don't go to bed. 

I have tried this, trust me.
I never go to my bed if I am not tired, I do some job - I always have to do several things so I do that. But after that, when I look at my clock, I saw that it is 3AM and I am still not sleeping. I don't even have a will for sleep. So, I go to the shower and watch some movie...It is morning already. It is not possible for me to set the same time when should I go to my bed. This just won't work in my case so there is no need for me to try this at all. If there are some other things that can help me, beside the exercising, please let me know. I hate to run or walk. I can't imagine my life without a car.

Celebrity
I really don't know what you should expect then. You are wondering why you have problems with your sleep and why you are diagnosed with chronic insomnia. There is your answer. You go with your car everywhere, you don't go to walk, you don't run - you don't do any activity. How you should expect your body to get tired, how you can get tired if you don't do anything about this. Also, you should turn off your television and your mobile phone if you want to sleep. Whenever you can't sleep, you should not turn on your television because this will keep you awake. You need to change so many things in your life, you need to make compromise between what do you want and what you need.

First, to fight against insomnia, you need to find the cause of it. You need to find out is this because of some illness that has to do something with depression, is it because of some pain, or you just have a really stressful life. But to determine this, you really should talk to your doctor to see what both of you can do about your condition. I would like to suggest you one thing that you can do without consulting anyone. You should find the way to develop a really good sleep hygiene. That is very important for insomnia relief. If you are smoking or drinking, you should forget about this. You mentioned that you don't do any exercises. Maybe you should start because any type of exercise can affect your sleep dramatically. It is very simple.

You should try to find the cure with hypnosis. Yes, it seems funny maybe but I do know some people who found this technique actually very helpful.  This is very usually used only in selected patients because they are potent medications that greatly impact the quality of sleep. All that you need to do is to find yourself a good expert who will conduct this in the proper way.

Also, think about stimulus control. This means that you should make a bedroom place for your sleep only...and sex of course. No television, no laptop or any other type of techniques.

Think why!