Now this is a little awkward and embarrassing but I don’t know who to ask but pro and amateur cyclists. I cycle occasionally, meaning two times a week and I always have this unpleasant problem. There is this irritating dull pain in my arse from cycling. I’m worried that I’ve damaged something. What to do to make it stop? Quit cycling?

By no means should you quit cycling! That pain in your bottom is the result of an uncomfortable and badly adjusted saddle and that’s what you should change. There are sports stores that sell professional cycling equipment and if you want to eliminate that pain, you must buy a more comfortable saddle and have it adjusted by somebody who’s experienced. Saddle prices vary and you don’t have to buy the most expensive one that professionals use. There are saddles that are affordable and still offer god quality. They belong to a middle class and I’m sure you can afford yourself one of them and the pain will disappear. That pain you have signalizes that your bottom is feeling uncomfortable and don’t risk causing certain more serious health problems from inappropriate saddle.