Hello, every day I see more and more young men and women riding the bicycles through the city. A couple of times I almost got run over because I didn't see the cyclist coming. When did road cycling become so popular? Even some of my friends are very passionate road cyclists. They even try to convince me to start riding a bike through the city. They say that it is a lot of fun. Can you tell me something more about road cycling and if there are some other positive aspects of road cycling?

Hi, road cycling is very healthy way of city transport. But the good aspects of road cycling extend much farther. When you road cycle you burn calories and you can lose weight. You also strengthen muscles. Your hart and lungs benefit from road cycling as well. The hart attack rates lower when you cycle, you can also keep your cholesterol level and blood pressure within normal. And it can be a lot of fun as your friends say. I hope that all this will make you realize why road cycling has become so popular.