This is bad. After I’ve started cycling I have this terrible pain in my tailbone. I don’t know what to do. Is it possible that cycling can cause something like that? I mean, it’s only my hobby and I’m not spending hours training. Is there something that could ameliorate this pain? I’ll stop cycling unless I solve this problem. I just hope the damage is not permanent.

I think that your problem might be a wrong saddle. Maybe it’s not well adjusted or something like that. First of all I’ll advise you to buy a quality saddle. Nowadays there are various saddles that are designed in order to meet cyclists’ needs and eliminate possible muscular and skeletal problems. For example, I’ve heard that silicone saddles are great and they’re even advised to people with testicular problems, which means that they fit everybody who has any kind of problem. Another thing is that you should get somebody experienced to adjust your saddle. Another thing is to check whether you cycle properly, because incorrect posture can bring about such problems.