I have been making some article about usage medicine in pregnancy. While I was searching for information I have noticed that a lot of articles mention the Brazilian experience with Cytotec. Can you explain me what it is about? I realize that it has something to do with abortions but I don't know how.

Cytotec is a synthetic analogue of prostaglandin and it has been approved for treating gastric and duodenal ulcers in Brazil in 1986. But that is not the only thing for which it can be used for. It can be also used in inducing abortions. In the Brazil where it is illegal it has been causing a lot of problems. At the end it was forbidden from Ministry of health.

I have been making some article about usage medicine in pregnancy. While I was searching for information I have noticed that a lot of articles mention the Brazilian experience with Cytotec. Can you explain me what it is about? I realize that it has something to do with abortions but I dont know how.