I am feeling ulcer in my esophagus, I know that it could be associated with GERD but also with inflamed lower esophagus or inflamed stomach lining. I am convinced that my doctor doesn’t know for sure. Anyway, I will start with treatment that he prescribed but I want to know what causes ulcers. Thank you

A type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori is thought to be the cause of many ulcers and acid and other juices made by the stomach can lead to ulcers by burning the lining of your digestive tract. This usually happens when your body makes too much acid or if the lining of your digestive tract is damaged in some way. Esophageal ulcers or esophagitis occur when stomach acid makes its way up into the lower esophagus, which possibly happened to you. Please have more confidence into your doctor and follow his therapy.