Few nights ago I seemed to drink a little too much. I have had no problems in the past, but I also like to eat spicy foods frequently. I have gotten drunk before, but this time I had way too much obviously. I did not have an empty stomach and now ever since that night, it has been about a week now, I have been experiencing all the symptoms of a peptic ulcer. So I have peptic ulcer? Can alcohol be the cause of peptic ulcer?

Peptic ulcer disease occurs when the protective mucus layer wears away in certain areas which allow damage to occur from the natural acids of the stomach. Spicy foods might make the symptoms of peptic ulcer worse; they aren't the cause of the condition as was once thought and alcohol use can put people at higher risk for peptic ulcer disease, but it isn't a true cause. The cause of a peptic ulcer is a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori. The other cause of peptic ulcer disease is the use of ASA and other NSAIDs. It seems that about one in 10 people will get an ulcer at some point in their lives.