I’ve been told I need to manage my Cholestrol. I have some problems with my heart so I guess that was the reason. I know that is something that our blood contains, but actually I don’t know what it means. I want to lower my Cholestrol and take more steps to improve my health. How Cholestrol affects my health?

It’s very important to learn what Cholestrol is because it can be good or bad. Also, understanding the facts about it will help you take better care of your heart. That means living healthier life and reducing your risk for heart attack and stroke. First you have to control your Cholestrol which means to get Cholestrol screening. Very important is to eat foods low in saturated fat and Cholestrol, get a healthy weight, exercise regularly and follow your healthcare professional’s recommendation. Cholestrol is a soft, waxy substance found among the lipids in bloodstream and in body cells. It’s an important part of health because it’s contagious in cell membranes, some hormones and is needed for a lot other functions in body. Also, high level of it in blood, called hyperCholestrolemia, is a major risk for heart diseases which leads to heart attack. Cholestrol can’t dissolve in the blood. They are transported by special carriers called lipoproteins. There are a few types, but only two kinds deserve to be focused on, low density lipoprotein (LDL) and high density lipoprotein (HDL).