Hi! I am fat I have high blood pressure, and high colesterol. Doctor told me that I am in risk for heart disease. My friend suggested me to try Atkins diet. But, Atkins diet encourages consumption high in fat, how can Atkins diet help with high colesterol?

Hi! Because the Atkins diet encourages consumption of foods high in saturated fat, including butter, cream and steak, there has been great concern that it may increase the risk of heart disease. Studies show that there were no differences in the two groups in either total cholesterol or low density lipoprotein (LDL), the “bad cholesterol.” Before you start with diet talk with your doctor, maybe you should make appointment with nutritionist. Atkins diet is lot of controversial. With health diet you can resolve your problem with high cholesterol.