Hi! Please, I need some information. I must go to heart echogram. I don’t know what it is. I don’t know what to expect. My doctor has ordered it for me because I complained of sharp chest pain. So, somebody with experience tell me what is heart echogram? Thank you!

Electrocardiogram (ECG) is the test that takes approximately 45 minutes. The purpose of this test is to see how well your heart pumps blood, and to determine if your valves are functioning properly. ECG wires will be attached at various places on your chest. It will measure the electrical impulses given off by your heart.

Is a Echocardiagram and Echogram the same thing? Thanks

first of - yes, echo-cardiogramy and echogram are the same thing, only called differently sometimes. Electrocardiogram is a different type of test, so that's where the confusion comes from. The major difference is that ECHOgram uses sound waves similar to the ones that ultrasound uses to provide an image of the heart, while ELECTROcardiogram uses electric impulses which measure your heart function.

There are several kinds of echogram and most commonly used ones are doppler, stress, invasive and not-invasive echogram. Each of these has its own benefits, but mainly some kinds are better in measuring the way blood flows through your heart or arteries, while  others give a better imaging quality.

I AM DUE TO HAVE A ECHOGRAM THIS A.M.. IS THIS A DIFFERENT TEST FROM AN EKG?

HAVE HAD SEVERAL EKG'S RECENTLY. DO I STILL NEED THE ECHOGRAM THIS A.M,?

DO I STILL NEED ECHOGRAM--HAVE HAD SEVERAL EKG'S RECENTLY?

PLEASE ANSWER YES OR NO?????