Hey everyone. I am arguing with my husband in the last couple of days. He is not feeling fine, he has some sharp pain in his chest and I am trying to convince him to see his doctor and to do some analyses. But he is refusing. He really makes me mad about it! He is acting like a child. Today he came with another story – he will see his doctor, but he will do only ECG stress test. I was surprised and he told me that this stress test is enough for diagnosing heart problems.

What is your opinion?

Hey there Aurora. I really understand you. I think that your husband is very similar to my brother – he never wants to see his doctor because he believes that he knows the best what is wrong with him and his body. And that is something that drives me crazy.

I don’t think that this is the smartest option to see is he having some heart problems. I don’t even think that this test is completely true and that you can trust it.

Why in the world he doesn’t want to do some other tests to see is he ok or not??

Hey there.

How are you two of you? Doctors usually use a variety of techniques to diagnose heart disease. They usually range from different standards like taking a medical history or performing a physical exam. Doctor can suggest him ECG or very high – tech strategies such as nuclear imaging and computed tomography. And ECG stress test can be one of the tests that doctors are going to recommend him. Well, what is the best for him that answer depends on his condition and doctor’s level of concern. I think that he can’t tell what he wants, he needs to let his doctor to decide which test is better for him.

Hello everyone.

You have very different opinions in here, as I can see. But I can’t tell you anything from my own experience. The good thing is that I have heard two ladies and one guy a few days ago in the local square talking about ECG stress test. I believe that the older lady did this test and it helped her to find out that she is dealing with some heart problems. She was happy because “she will be able to live longer” * those are her words. I believe that there is a chance that this test is helpful and that it can help diagnosing heart issues.

Hey.

Well, maybe he knows more than I do but I really suffer because he is hard headed. And you know what? He still didn’t go to see his doctor. When I ask him how he is felling, he answered me that he is feeling fine but that he is acting very weird. And when I tell him about tests, he doesn’t want to hear.

I see that this can be helpful, but don’t get me wrong -  you have heard two ladies talking and maybe you didn’t hear them well.

I don’t think that simple stress test can determine do you have heart problems or not.

I have to disagree with you on this one Aurora. This is not just a simple stress test. It is really helpful test. But according to your words I am almost sure that you don’t know anything about it. So I will try to explain to you. A stress test can be used to test for heart diseases. Stress tests are usually performed by your doctor or trained technician to determine the amount of the stress that your heart can manage before developing some abnormal rhythm.

The most preformed test is exercise stress test and he is really successful. I bet that ECG stress test is much better.