My friend needs to go to heart valve replacement. He told me that I don’t need to worry, that it’s routine procedure. But I’m not sure. I’m still worried. I suppose that this surgery it’s not so simple. Can somebody tell me, please, is replacement of heart valve dangerous procedure? Thanks!

Yes. You can tell that it’s dangerous procedure. Doctors decide to do it when all others treatments don’t work. They say that whenever possible a heart valve should be repaired instead of replaced. Older patients, as well as more fragile ones, are sometimes ineligible for surgery because of elevated risks.

Hello there claudian,

My sister had this surgery 5 years ago and believe me we were all worried. Of course that every procedure is dangerous and that you can’t be relaxed when it comes to the heart but basically there is nothing you can do at this moment.

Doctors decide about everything but I can tell you that my sister has better quality of life with artificial heart valve. She is acting like she did before she got sick and she is even exercising. Of course she is doing this in agreement to her doctor and her personal trainer.

Be support for your friend and hope for the best. I hope that his surgery is going to pass successful.

dont worry ed very thing will be olright it too simple my dougter has made valve replecement just pray to GOD