I found one article in newspaper where some woman was infected with leprosy. They said it is a chronic infectious disease, which attacks the skin, peripheral nerves and mucous membranes. I saw there was something wrong with woman’s eyes, I guess because of leprosy. Could you tell me more because I want to hear what kind of problem is it?

Leprosy is also known as Hansen's disease because of the scientist who discovered the bacillus. Treatment of Leprosy works the best with using Dapsone. This medicine is currently being used to suppress leprosy, and seldom is leprosy completely removed from the body. Important is to understand it can only be halted using a multi-drug treatment. Leprosy patients are taught to take care of themselves using a kind of visual check if they have significant nerve damage. Without the sensations of pain to identify cuts and bruises, patients must watch themselves constantly or be subject to dangerous infection, which is huge problem about leprosy infection. However, it is most important for me to tell you that leprosy is characterized by multiple lesions. These lesions are accompanied by sensory loss in the affected areas, which begins in the extremities, toes, and fingertips at the beginning. Leprosy in all ages has been considered one of the more despicable diseases. Its victims have been despised throughout history and kept in separate places called leper colonies or sanitariums. Even today, most people with leprosy are shunned by their neighbors and are held at arms length, and it is simply wrong.

Just wanted to add that the disease is only contagious in early stages when person just a yellowness to the skin meaning leper colonies are point less and the bacteria that causes the disease can be cured. Yet Leper Colonies still exist in third world countrys.
http://www.novartisfoundation.org/page/content/index.asp?MenuID=364&ID=1010&Menu=3&Item=43.2.4