I caught the end of an episode of House, you know, the series with the doctor that treats the weirdest illnesses under the sun, yesterday. It was about vasculitis - very interesting. Do you think that this is a very painful disease? I would like to find out more about how this affects the veins. I bet I hurts your legs or wherever the inflammation takes place, it must do. If I sound very ignorant, please enlighten me.

Vasculatis is a general terms to describe inflammation of the blood vessels. There are many different types of vasculitis, some of which involve weakening of the blood vessels, others widening or scarring. There is no one medication for this, as there are so many variables. You can have just one attack of vasculitis, or it can be chronic. Symptoms depend on where the vasculitis occurs, but they often include fatigue, fever, weight loss and muscle or joint pain. Now, if anyone reading this happens to have these symptoms, please don't think the worst immediately! These are also symptoms of the common flu. :-) You need to see a doctor to get a diagnosis, obviously.

I have vasculitis. It is very painful. My soft tissue feels bruised. I actually do have some bruising, but mostly pink splotches that are under the skin but show on the outside. There are hundreds of these splotches all over my body, while it stared on my lower legs and my hands. I have none on my face or neck, and the ones on my abdomen are few and far between. otherwise they are very close to each other. My bottom is the worst because I have to sit on it. That causes other problems. I am currently taking Dapsone, which is used to treat leprosy and ebola. I got this in February and am still dealing with it. If it goes away, it comes right back. I am hoping the Dapsone will help, but have been on it for a month now and no luck, except for the periodic disappearance of the spots. I still feel the pain.

I also have vasculitis caused by an injection of Prolia. Lesions are all over my body except for my face and neck. The second bout is worse than the first, Lesions on my buttocks and groin area are very, very painful.