Last August I slipped and fell on stairs - landed really hard on my right buttock. A huge hematoma/swelling developed and my doctor told me that it would break up by itself but that I would probably have a small bump from scar tissue. He told me to be patient and it should go away in a couple of months. It is now six months later and I saw a doctor yesterday who told me the damage is permanent. I have what looks like the imprint of the step I fell on. It is even noticeable through clothes. I'm not a butt model or anything, but it still bothers me a lot. Has anyone heard of an injury like this? Is plastic surgery an option?

Thank you!

Wow, the same EXACT thing happened to me. I fell down the stairs in August and hit my right butt cheek on the stairs and that was the only part of my body I hit. I'm going to see a Doctor in a few days to see exactly what this is and how to get rid of it. I do not like it either, It is noticeable through pants. I'm sure plastic surgery could remove it too. I'll be sure to get details from my doctor.

The exact same thing happened to me and I am also very conscientious. Dress pants show the deformity now and it still appears to have a bruise inside. It's been over 2 years and it appears as if there was nerve damage or something. Wondering what your dr said?

Hi guys!

I fell down stairs in March 08 and have a lump on my left buttocks the size of half a baseball pertruding out. It is extremely embarrassing and I think of it every moment of the day. I am suing actually as I fell down a hiddin staircase behind a couch with no hand rail. Im going against the persons home insurance and I want to find out more about this for my suite. Not only is it emotional..but a lifetime deformity. My surgeon is the Chief of Plastic Surgery and even she said, once she performs lyposuction on the scar tissue, it will only be a slight improvement to the size. It will never go away. Some people said to look into the possiblility of the impact causing cancer cells to develop. Im just looking into all possiblitilies that could arise...anyone know more than I do on this? I know though that my back is affected...I cant sleep on my back straight anymore, im constantly leaning my full weight to my right side and have had increased back pain from this bad posture. Please help with your furthured insight!

Hi all!

I experienced the same type of fall. I fell down on outside stairs cover with ice. A lump was formed and fill with fluid which was extracted. I was told my lump will go away with time, sad to say it hasn't and it has been already 3 years since then. I dislike the way my right butt cheek looks and have visited 2 plastic surgeons to have opinions on reconstrution surgury. They both have said it can be removed and each of them have given me two different types of surguries. I haven't decided and probably will visit a third doctor before making my decision. This proceedure is costly.
I most agree this is a constant emotional battle and a deformity you will have the rest of your life, if you don't do anything about it.

hi all,
i had accident about 15 years ago, prior to that, i noticed after have been discharged from the hospital that my right buttock had be deformed due to the impact on the right side. making it very smaller than the left one. please can anything be done to corect it?

I fell about 10 yrs ago on stairs due to slippery ice. I then had a lump and knot on my left buttocks. The doctors told me they couldn't do anything about it as it would have to have plastic surgery to fix this. It's so imbarrassing to have anyone see this or the fact you can see through pants. I feel everyone's pain. What's worse it's after having this for 10 yrs it's starting to give me pain and become swollen I'm going to see another doctor hoping that nothing else has developed. Wish everyone luck and will let you know if I find anything out. One thing that did help with making the knot less noticeable is to keep massaging the muscle!

Hi All,

Did anyone find a solution to this?

-Rachel

A year and a half ago I fell thru the seat of a very old chair. I severely smashed my low back on the wood at the back of the chair. The injury has severely changed the activities I can participate in. Related to your comments though I have a small hollow now in my hip in the region where I experience the sharpest pain. This did not come to my attention until my jeans began to not fit right. The injury was on the job and I am not getting good medical care as a result.

Could you describe your accident please?

Same thing happened to me wearing a pair of slippers with my hands full.  In April fell down 6 steps and hit the edge of each one with my right buttock.  After horrible black, blue & purple swelling finally remitted after about six weeks was left with a large "dent".  Will it ever go away?

Same thing happened to me. Fell down my hardwood stairs (slipped at top) and proceeded to fall down about ten steps on my right butt cheek. Huge hematoma and dent. It's so ugly and I hate my butt now :(

It's been 4 years now. Saw a dr who said nothing can be done. But I'm going to see a plastic surgeon. I'm sure there is something out there. I have to wear some dirt of body shaper spans when I wear a firm fitting dress. It actually looks like one side of my butt is bigger due to the hard lump above the dent. I massage it but since I've gone from size 2 to size 6 over the years it is way more noticeable.

Its crazy, i thought i was the only person dealing with this type of injury. I myself fellfrom stairs, there was moisture on the metal stairs there was no type of grip tape, i slippd from about five stairs. I bounce on my left butt cheek till i hit the ground. I had alot of swelling, for about six weeks. I was also told by dr that it would go back to normal once the swelling went down. Its been over four years and nothing has changed. I cant sleep facing up, i have been sleeping on my side since them because it is uncomfortable n because it hurts at times. My left shoulder is al so suffering dhe that injury. I have to use a pillow for support for my shoulder. My butt has a hematoma. Surgeon told me that he would no do surgery because there is nt too much fluid.. i also stuggle with it every day.it is very noticable, very uncomfortable, painful at times. Whem i exercise my butt gett more swellon n more uncomfortable. I cant lay on the floor becade it feels like a tidder taughter. I wish i surgeon would contact me to do a procedur to fix my butt. Please......if any of u have got surgery and have recovered please let me know what procedure u had done, thanks.

Exact same thing happened to me 20 years ago. It seems the bump gets larger if/when I gain weight...So did anyone find a solution? I have not yet..:(

I was very frightened when I read about your injurys from falling on steps... the same thing just happened to me 2 weeks ago. It started with a large grapefruit sized lump then alot of bruising. now I'm left with a lump and dent from the impact with the step...Do you think that if I massage it alot the scartissue will dissapate? Hoping so...I'm a runner...in great shape...I like to wear a swimsuit and the lump effect is a real problem for me. :(